PBR’s 2017 Pediatric Board Review Course – A Complete SYSTEM
“Test Day” can be a terribly stressful and anxiety provoking time for the pediatric board exam. The key to avoiding that stress and anxiety is to have a solid foundation and to make the experience almost mechanical. The only way to do that is to become so familiar with your pediatric board review course that you know it inside and out.
PBR's 2017 pediatric board review course is a complete SYSTEM, including an online, offline, personal, and community-driven EXPERIENCE. As physicians, we're trained to tackle hundreds to thousands of pages in order to learn “everything.” It's the wrong approach to studying for the boards, as is a “top down” approach on vignette style board questions. PBR helps you learn about the exam as well as the content you need to pass it.
The PBR Certification SystemTM Includes…
- The Clarity Expander: Understand the proper mindset, the tools, the study strategies, and the right study resources needed to prepare for such a difficult exam. For example, did you know that the AAP PREP questions are NOT the best study questions? Or that information overwhelm from using too many resources is one of the top 3 reasons good pediatricians fail the boards? Or that you should NOT try to study every single topic laid out in the American Board of Pediatrics content outline?
- The Retention Maximizer: Maximize your chances of content retention through common sense explanations, innovative “DOUBLE TAKE” topics which are repeated throughout the Core Study Guide, PBR “PEARLS” of knowledge that are guaranteed to show up on the exam, “story-based” mnemonics, and concise yet comprehensive content.
- The Repetition Amplifier: Utilize multimodality studying through online videos, downloadable MP3s, mobile access, an online picture atlas, and other creative techniques to allow you to review the same core material multiple times by using technology to enhance your efficiency and interest in the material. We even have a tool that allows you to review 25 hours of video content in just 12 hours.
- The Strategic Approach: Learn Test-Taking Strategies that allow you to systematically approach, dissect, and answer board-style questions on standardized exams. There ARE rules that you can learn to help you “beat the board game” and pass your exam.
- The Network Experience: Do NOT study isolation. Utilize the support of hundreds of pediatricians in the PBR Facebook CREW to help you quickly answer your board review questions. Work with Team PBR to create a study schedule and plan specifically designed for you. Attend live webinars and get answers to your questions so that your confidence level is high and your anxiety is low. You SHOULD NOT have to do this alone, and the PBR community is here to support you.
Through videos like the one below, you will begin to quickly understand why PBR is not a “traditional” pediatric board review company. We're focused on helping physicians in ways that have been done before. In the video below, I share with you the arrival of the NEW 2017 Edition of the PBR Core Study Guide, the NEW 2017 Edition of the Question & Answer books, two NEW chapter additions, and some other exciting news!
Click the PLAY Button Button Below Now & Watch
In 2017, I have also opened up enrollment to the PBR 12-MONTH ALL ACCESS PASS for EVERYONE!
“How Will the 2017 Pediatrics Board Review EXPERIENCE Help Me?”
THE TYPICAL BOARD REVIEW EXPERIENCE FOR PEDIATRICIANS
As a pediatrician, when you work with a traditional board review company you most likely get a hardcopy study guide, perhaps a pediatric board review DVD course, or maybe you attend a live board review course. Then, you decide that you want to buy another company's resources too. If you're really ambitious, you might even have a full review of Nelson's on your list of books to read.
You try to study as much you can from as many resources as you can. You do so in isolation because of competing demands on your time (work, spouse, kids, social obligations, sleep), and you have a difficult time coming up with a good study schedule that they can actually stick with.
You might get through a handful of practice questions, but you're likely anxious as you go through them because they feel too challenging.
When you enter the actual exam, you get flustered because you realize that you're unprepared for an exam that has had a pass rate as low as 76% on multiple occasions over the past decade.
Sound familiar? It definitely does to me because that's pretty much what I did (except Nelson's) when I failed the pediatric board exam the first time I took it!
I was SHOCKED, but then I eventually uncovered multiple secrets to help me pass the initial certification exam, and I ultimately increased my score by 160 points.
The PBR Experience
It was through a lot of pain and insight that I BLEW AWAY the boards the second time around. It's also through all of these insights that I have now been able to create a SYSTEM that has been able to hep so many pediatricians pass the exam.
In fact, PBR has helped many pediatricians FINALLY pass the boards after MULTIPLE attempts.
So HOW is the PBR EXPERIENCE different?
The PBR resources have not created with the idea of just shoving a ton of content into books. The idea has been to focus on the topics that tested over and over again, and to teach you that content in a manner that allows you to apply it on the boards. There is a strong emphasis on EFFICIENCY in the use of words, in the selection of topics, in the use of technology to help streamline your studying, in the use of a peer support system through our PBR Facebook Crew, in the use of LIVE online events that are presented in digestible segments of time, and MUCH MORE!
PBR is about maximizing your learning experience through a system and a community experience that ultimately SIMPLIFIES THE COMPLEX.
And for anyone who is STRUGGLING with this exam, or who has struggled to get above the national mean on their USMLE Step 1, we have a complete ONLINE Test-Taking Strategies & Coaching course focusing specifically on test-taking techniques, exam strategy, diet, test anxiety, creating a test-day schedule, and much more.
And now, we also have a LIVE, 2-DAY Test-Taking Strategies Course to rapidly accelerate your understanding of advanced test-taking techniques. Invest in yourself, and after just two days you'll be test-taking NINJA!
Your Pediatrics Board Review (PBR) Resources
At the CENTER of the PBR system you will find the Core Study Guide and the Q&A book. Almost ALL of our other resources are created with the idea of “CONGRUENCY.” This means that YOU get the repetition and the reinforcement that you need of the core concepts as you cross from one PBR resource to another. This is a focus that is rarely considered in traditional pediatric board review courses.
PBR's CORE STUDY GUIDE
The PBR Core Study Guide is your content “bible!” I HAVE DONE THE CURATING OF CONTENT FOR YOU. If it's not in your PBR, DO NOT TRY TO LEARN IT!
- Available in hardcopy AND a searchable online format that's compatible with mobile devices.
- Contains a Success Blueprint tells you exactly how to use the resource
- Has a strong focus on testable and tested topics
- Includes hundreds of time-saving and effective story- and image-based mnemonics and memory aids
- Online systems allow for one-click access to HUNDREDS of high-yield images across the web
PBR's QUESTION AND ANSWER (Q&A) BOOK
This is NOT like any other question book that you might use for practice. This is valuable, high-yield content that's just as valuable as the PBR study guide. Use OTHER pediatric prep questions for PRACTICE. KNOW the difference between what to study and what to use for PRACTICE.
- Available in hardcopy and an online format.
- Extremely High-Yield Questions and Answers
- Detailed explanations and excerpts from PBR's Core Study Guide.
PBR's ONLINE VIDEO COURSE (OVC)
Learn through an audio and a visual medium (like sitting in a live conference), but attend at a time that suits you and go through the material at your own pace. This is your “online version” of an in-person conference or a pediatric board review DVD course, except you can take it ANYWHERE because it's compatible with your internet-enabled phone and tablet devices.
- Videos cover the ENTIRE PBR Core Study Guide
- Live question and answer webinars are held every summer for each chapter
- Recorded webinars are available for replay
- Learn from board-certified PBR alumni… and me!
PBR's MP3 AUDIO COURSE – YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT!
Maximize your efficiency by taking the audio course with you to the gym, the grocery store, your car or the mall.
- The MP3 course is available as a streaming OR a downloadable resource
- Load it onto your favorite MP3 players, or listen to it on your computer
- The streaming version of the MP3 audio course is accessible via desktops AND mobile devices.
PBR's ONLINE OR DOWNLOADABLE PICTURE ATLAS
Review 400 of the most high-yield and board relevant images QUICKLY through the power of the web and without having to flip back and forth in your Zitelli. This is also known as the Virtual Atlas of Pediatric Pictures (VAPP).
- Accessible on your desktop, mobile device or tablet
- Available in a PDF format as well, though I recommend the ONLINE version
- Almost ALL of the PBR images in ONE place with reference posts available for review
- EASY ACCESS to the related online topic within the online version of the PBR study guide
PBR's FACEBOOK CREW!
A CRITICAL component to the success of so many pediatricians… PEER SUPPORT! Without it, your efficiency and your drive to study can plummet.
- A PBR members-only online group/forum
- Ask questions about topics that are confusing you
- Share mnemonics and insights of your own
- Get educational AND emotional support during one of the most stressful times of your life
- Increase your EFFICIENCY by leaning on others to answer your questions instead of going to the black hole of Google
Most PBR resources are mobile and tablet friendly. Great efforts have focused on functionality and efficiency. Additional strategies are implemented every year to make the systems faster and to allow for a better user experience.
I do NOT believe that it's in your best interest to think too much about cost when it comes to your board review, which is why all PBR resources are so reasonably priced. BUT, having the PBR materials available to you across platforms is definitely a time and money saver!
PBR's TEST-TAKING STRATEGIES & COACHING
Your board exam is more like a BOARD GAME. There are strategies and tricks you need to learn in order to master your question-answering TECHNIQUE. Through PBR's ONLINE Test-Taking Strategies & Coaching course, you quickly learn how to identify answers EFFICIENTLY and how to move through the exam with time to spare.
The course is simply a MUST if you've ever struggled with a medical board exam in the past, or if did not score above the national average on a USMLE Step 1 exam.
- Quickly figure out if you might be able to answer the question WITHOUT reading any of the vignette!
- Learn why focusing on the WORDS more than the medical concepts can help you zero in on the correct answer choice when you're left with those final two options.
- Learn how to answer questions correctly with LIMITED knowledge of a topic.
- 20 hours of webinar archives from past Coaching sessions
- 5 QUESTION PROCESSING videos
- Lean how to “process” and breakdown questions systematically
- Learn the terminology of death
- Learn techniques to address your problems with diet, anxiety, insomnia, and test-day fatigue
- Get help creating your own test-day schedule (what to do during your breaks, what to eat, what NOT to eat)
We've helped pediatricians succeed after SIX failed attempts. Imagine what this program could do for you.
OVER-DELIVERING ON VALUE… NOT JUST “STUFF”
I created the PBR because I wanted to help others avoid the same experience of failure that I had during my first attempt at the boards. The field of medicine is always behind the times, and so is the medical educational space. PBR is pioneering newer, faster, and more effective strategies to educate pediatricians. The Online Video Course, the Virtual Atlas of Pediatric Pictures, the Live webinars, and the members-only Facebook support area are just a few ways I've changed how doctors think about board review.
In December of 2014, I did it again. I was tired of seeing get stuck on the financial investment needed to maximize their education. I want YOU to focus instead on thinking about your time commitment, your handle on the content and your ability to navigate the exam with good technique.
So… I introduced the ALL ACCESS PASS. It has a special enrollment fee that is almost 50% OFF of the value and it offers EVERYTHING in the world of PBR's pediatric content resources for an enrollment fee that is LESS than the price of a SINGLE pediatric board review DVD course.
I want you to stop thinking about money and start focusing on what you CAN do to pass the boards. Get access to almost EVERYTHING (no Coaching or personalized schedules) for less than the cost of ANY of the popular pediatric board review DVD products on the market.
* ($170 VALUE) – HARDCOPY CORE STUDY GUIDE
* ($25 VALUE) – HARDCOPY Q&A BOOK
* ($75 VALUE) – ONLINE VERSION OF THE CORE STUDY GUIDE
* ($25 VALUE) – ONLINE VERSION OF THE Q&A BOOK
* ($97 VALUE) – ONLINE VERSION OF THE PICTURE ATLAS (WITH UPDATES x1 YEAR)
* ($97 VALUE) – PDF VERSION OF THE PICTURE ATLAS
* ($97 VALUE) – STREAMING PBR MP3 AUDIO COURSE (WITH UPDATES x1 YEAR)
* ($147 VALUE) – DOWNLOADABLE PBR MP3 AUDIO COURSE FOR YOUR PHONE AND MP3 PLAYERS (WITH UPDATES x1 YEAR)
* ($495 VALUE) – ONLINE VIDEO COURSE (OVC). THE “DVD-LIKE” VIDEO COURSE YOU CAN LEVERAGE FROM HOME (WITH UPDATES x1 YEAR)
* ($145 VALUE) – LIVE Q&A WEBINARS FOR EVERY ONLINE VIDEO COURSE CHAPTER
* ($197 VALUE) – CORE CONCEPTS IN TEST-TAKING STRATEGIES WEBINAR BONUS
* ($200 VALUE) – PRERECORDED COACHING WEBINARS FROM 2013 & 2014
* ($25 VALUE) – FREE EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR THE HARDCOPY BOOKS
I also host a CORE CONCEPTS in Test-Taking Strategies Webinar for $197 but we are giving it away for FREE when you become an PBR 12-MONTH ALL ACCESS PASS member.
Total Value for all of the above =
12-Month All Access Pass = $997
Click the image below and signup be become a PBR AAP member now.
(Please note that when our webinars begin to feel “crowded,” then the LIVE webinars will no longer be offered to new PBR AAP members. So click the image below now and enroll to reserve your spot.)