Tools to Help You Pass the American Board of Pediatrics Certification and Recertification Exams
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS PREP QUESTIONS
Pediatricians regard PREP as the “gold standard” of questions. Be careful how you use them or they can HURT you!
The American Academy of Pediatrics PREP® series of questions are high quality, but they should NOT be used for detailed studying. They should be used to practice your test-taking technique along with a VARIETY of other inexpensive question banks offered through other companies.
GET FREE TRAINING ON HOW TO ANSWER BOARD REVIEW QUESTIONS FASTER & MORE ACCURATELY!
READ THE ARTICLES BELOW TO SEE HOW TO USE PREP® QUESTIONS:
- “Why PREP® Questions Are NOT the Best Study Questions!“
- “How Many AAP PREP® Questions Should I Do?“
- “Pediatric Questions – 3 Strategies to Skyrocket Your Score!”
HOW DO I BUY AAP PREP® QUESTIONS?
Sorry, unlike BoardVitals and Exam Master, the AAP has NOT provided PBR with any discount or promo codes.
BOARD VITALS PEDIATRICS – QUESTIONS & EXCLUSIVE PBR DISCOUNTS
The exclusive discount codes you can use on the BoardVitals site are PBR25 (for the 6-month subscription), PBR15 (for the 3-month subscription) and PB5 (for the 1-month subscription).
In my opinion, PBR25 is the best “deal.” You’ll get >1250 BoardVitals pediatric board review questions and plenty of time to practice your test-taking techniques, like the ones I share in a PBR article called “Pediatric Board Questions – 3 Strategies to Skyrocket Your Score!”
Redeeming the codes:
- Visit http://www.pediatricsboardreview.com/boardvitals
- Select the question bank duration you would like to signup for
- Fill our your personal information and write Ashish Goyal or PBR in the referral box
- When checking out, enter your discount code from the list below (offers may not be combined)
- PBR25 (BEST DEAL!) – Get $25 off the 6-month subscription
- PBR15 – Get $15 off of the 3-month subscription
- PBR5 – Get $5 off of a 1-month subscription
Through Exam Master, you can get access to over 1000 questions. For that question bank, if you signup through the PBR affiliate link below, your subscription time is DOUBLED. Alternatively, you can also get their 350 best questions (spread out in 7 blocks of 50 questions) that you can take in timed or study modes. It’s SUPER CHEAP! We’ve been using these in our live Test-Taking Strategies & Coaching Webinars. Here’s the link you can go through to have your subscription length doubled.
Rosh Review has an amazing “one step further” type of answer format that pushes you to think about a topic just a little bit deeper when you go through the explanation. So while you are reviewing the explanation, you’ll be asked one additional question and then be shown the answer with a click of a button. This is a GREAT and high quality resource for board review, and the 50% off is EXCLUSIVELY for the Pediatrics Board Review community.
I’ve pasted the coupon code for Rosh Review below. It’s specifically for the PBR community and should give you about 50% off of the pediatric subscription of your choice.
- STEP 1: Click here – https://www.roshreview.com/peds.html
- STEP 2: Copy/Paste the following coupon code to get 50% off of the pediatric resource of your choosing – PBRPEDS
I don’t know how long the code is good for, so it’s probably a good idea to sign up now.
HOW DO I START MY PEDIATRIC BOARD REVIEW?
The following article is a good “tool” because it summarizes much of the structure around the board exams: “ABP Exam Overview”
INSTANT VIDEO TRAINING ON TEST-TAKING TECHNIQUES
The PBR Test-Taking Strategies & Coaching Course is an EXCELLENT way to learn and apply test-taking techniques to the pediatric board review questions you get from PREP, Board Vitals and Exam Master.
- http://www.dermatlas.com/derm/ – Slow to load, but great pix.
- http://www.dermaamin.com/site/ – Good pix. Some descriptions are in another language. Might also be slow to load.
- http://wordsmith.org/anagram/ – GREAT tool for creating mnemonics. Come up with a set of letters which help you remember a particular disease and plug them in here. This will create multiple anagrams from those letters. Pick the one that works best for you.
- http://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi?Word=rash&typeofrhyme=perfect&org1=syl&org2=l&org3=y – If you can start getting a little creative with your memory aids, the pediatrics exam can really be easy. This site allows you to find words that rhyme a word of your choosing. The link should take you to an example for “rash.”
- http://www.onelook.com/?w=c*itis&loc=scworef&scwo=1&sswo=1&ls=a – PHENOMENAL tool for helping you find words that either begin or end with a particular set of letters.
- http://www.textbookofbacteriology.net/index.html – Stuck on a bug? Feel you just “have to know” more information about a particular organism? This site has great information that can really help move past your stumbling blocks. I DO NOT recommend that you spend much time here. The resource is only included for those who need more information once they have gone through all of the PBR resources at least a few times
- http://www.dpd.cdc.gov/dpdx/default.htm – Parasite images for the boards. Not very appetizing, but a great resource.
- http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/ – Fairly helpful common genetic disorders. Easy to understand. Presents a description, inheritance patterns, incidence, etc.