Tools to Help You Pass the American Board of Pediatrics Certification and Recertification Exams
HOW DO I START MY PEDIATRIC BOARD REVIEW?
START HERE: ABP Exam Overview
That article is a good “tool” because it summarizes much of the structure around the board exams. Just click HERE.
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS PREP QUESTIONS
The general pediatrician community seems to regard this as the “gold standard” of questions. I have very specific ways in which I recommend the use of review questions (PREP or others). I do feel the questions offered by the American Academy of Pediatrics PREP® are high quality, but I do NOT believe they should be used for detailed studying.
READ THE ARTICLES BELOW TO SEE HOW TO USE PREP® QUESTIONS
You do not need to be a member of any organization to purchase, but the price is cheaper if you are a member of the AAP (American Board of Pediatrics). Here’s where you can buy American Academy of Pediatrics PREP® Questions (sorry, unlike BoardVitals and Exam Master the AAP has NOT provided PBR with any discount or promo codes).
- PREP SELF-ASSESSMENT: https://www.nfaap.org/netforum/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?site=nf.aap.org&webcode=aapjou_results&prd_code=PREPSA
- PREP CURRICULUM: https://www.nfaap.org/netforum/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?site=nf.aap.org&webcode=aapjou_results&prd_code=PREPC
EXCLUSIVE PBR DISCOUNT CODES AND LINKS FOR > 2000 BOARD STYLE QUESTIONS
BoardVitals QUESTIONS & EXCLUSIVE PBR DISCOUNT CODES
The exclusive discount codes you can use on the BoardVitals site are PBR25 (for the 6-month subscription), PBR15 (for the 3-month subscription) and PB5 (for the 1-month subscription).
To me, PBR25 is the best “deal.” You’ll get >1250 BoardVitals pediatric board review questions and plenty of time to practice your test-taking techniques, like the ones I share in a PBR article called “Pediatric Board Questions – 3 Strategies to Skyrocket Your Score!”
Redeeming the codes:
- Visit http://www.pediatricsboardreview.com/boardvitals
- Select the question bank duration you would like to signup for
- Fill our your personal information and write Ashish Goyal or PBR in the referral box
- When checking out, enter your discount code from the list below (offers may not be combined)
- PBR25 (BEST DEAL!) – Get $25 off the 6-month subscription
- PBR15 - Get $15 off of the 3-month subscription
- PBR5 - Get $5 off of a 1-month subscription
EXAM MASTER – EXCLUSIVE “DOUBLE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION” LINK
Through Exam Master, you can get access to over 1000 questions. For that question bank, if you signup through the PBR affiliate link below, your subscription time is DOUBLED. Alternatively, you can also get their 350 best questions (spread out in 7 blocks of 50 questions) that you can take in timed or study modes. It’s SUPER CHEAP! We’ve been using these in our live PBR Coaching webinars. Here’s the link you can go through to have your subscription length doubled.
- http://www.dermatlas.com/derm/ - Slow to load, but great pix.
- http://www.dermaamin.com/site/ - Good pix. Some descriptions are in another language. Might also be slow to load.
- http://wordsmith.org/anagram/ – GREAT tool for creating mnemonics. Come up with a set of letters which help you remember a particular disease and plug them in here. This will create multiple anagrams from those letters. Pick the one that works best for you.
- http://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi?Word=rash&typeofrhyme=perfect&org1=syl&org2=l&org3=y – If you can start getting a little creative with your memory aids, the pediatrics exam can really be easy. This site allows you to find words that rhyme a word of your choosing. The link should take you to an example for “rash.”
- http://www.onelook.com/?w=c*itis&loc=scworef&scwo=1&sswo=1&ls=a - PHENOMENAL tool for helping you find words that either begin or end with a particular set of letters.
- http://www.textbookofbacteriology.net/index.html – Stuck on a bug? Feel you just “have to know” more information about a particular organism? This site has great information that can really help move past your stumbling blocks. I DO NOT recommend that you spend much time here. The resource is only included for those who need more information once they have gone through all of the PBR resources at least a few times
- http://www.dpd.cdc.gov/dpdx/default.htm – Parasite images for the boards. Not very appetizing, but a great resource.
- http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/ - Fairly helpful common genetic disorders. Easy to understand. Presents a description, inheritance patterns, incidence, etc.