“Test Day” can be a terribly stressful and anxiety provoking time for the pediatric board exam. The key to avoiding that stress and anxiety is to have a solid foundation and to make the experience almost mechanical. The only way to do that is to become so familiar with your pediatric board review course that you know it inside and out.
PBR's 2018 pediatric board review course is a complete SYSTEM, including an online, offline, personal, and community-driven EXPERIENCE. As physicians, we're trained to tackle hundreds to thousands of pages in order to learn “everything.” But this is the WRONG approach to studying for the boards. We're also taught to read questions from the top, cover the answers and take a “top down” approach on vignette style board questions. This, too, is HORRIBLE advice.
PBR helps you streamline your approach and gives you a proven method to pass your pediatric board exam. Through Pediatrics Board Review, you will:
- Learn more than enough pediatric content in order to get a score that is ABOVE the national average
- Understand the reasons to AVOID pediatric “board review questions” as a source of learning
- Understand why you should use pediatric board review questions as PRACTICE questions (hint: it's called test-taking strategy)
- Learn about test-taking strategies that allow you to answer board questions quickly and accurately even when you're not fully knowledgeable about a topic
- Discover a schedule and streamlined approach to preparing for the boards that will liberate you from the confusion and overwhelm that you're currently experiencing
The PBR Certification SystemTM Includes…
- The Clarity Expander: Understand the proper mindset, the tools, the study strategies, and the right study resources needed to prepare for a very difficult exam. For example, did you know that the AAP PREP questions are NOT the best study questions? Or that “information overwhelm” from using too many resources is one of the top 3 reasons that good pediatricians fail the boards? Or that you should NOT try to study every single topic laid out in the American Board of Pediatrics content outline? Or that you should NOT tailor your studies to address low scores from your score report (if you failed last year)?
- The Retention Maximizer: Maximize your chances of content retention through common sense explanations, innovative “DOUBLE TAKE” topics which are repeated throughout the Core Study Guide, PBR “PEARLS” of knowledge that are guaranteed to show up on the exam, “story-based” mnemonics, and concise yet comprehensive content.
- The Repetition Amplifier: Utilize multimodality studying through online videos, downloadable MP3s, mobile access, an online picture atlas, and other creative techniques that allow you to review the same core material multiple times. Technology has changed everything, and you must allow it to enhance your efficiency and your interest in the material. We even have a tool that allows you to review 25 hours of video content in just 12 hours.
- The Strategic Approach: Learn Test-Taking Strategies that allow you to systematically approach, dissect, and answer board-style questions on standardized exams. There ARE rules that you can learn to help you “beat the board game” and pass your exam. There is also a structured approach to processing every single board-style question that you come across in order to make the experience error-free and robotic.
- The Network Experience: Do NOT study in isolation. Utilize the support of hundreds of pediatricians in the PBR Facebook CREW to help you quickly answer your board review questions. Work with Team PBR to create a study schedule specifically designed for you. Attend live webinars with content experts and OUTSOURCE your questions to us so that you can focus on your studying. You SHOULD NOT have to do this alone, and the PBR community is here to support you.
Through videos like the one below, you will begin to quickly understand why PBR is not a “traditional” pediatric board review company. We're focused on helping physicians in ways that have never been done before. In the video below, I share with you the arrival of the NEW 2018 Edition of the PBR Core Study Guide, the NEW 2018 Edition of the Question & Answer books, two NEW Test-Taking Strategies Course, and some other exciting news!
Click the PLAY Button Button Below Now & Watch
The PBR 12-MONTH ALL ACCESS PASS (our most popular bundle) is now available to EVERYONE!
“How Will the 2018 Pediatrics Board Review EXPERIENCE Help Me?”
HERE'S WHAT YOUR TYPICAL BOARD REVIEW EXPERIENCE IS LIKE
As a pediatrician, when you work with a traditional board review company, you will most likely get a hardcopy study guide, perhaps a pediatric board review DVD course, and you may attend a live board review course. Then, you will likely decide that you would also like to buy resources from yet ANOTHER company so that you have it as a reference, or so that you don't miss out on additional topics/content. And if you're really ambitious, you might even keep a copy of Nelson's closeby so that you can go through it once prior to the boards.
You will usually make an effort to study as much you can, from as many resources as you can. You do so in isolation because of competing demands on your time (work, spouse, kids, social obligations, sleep), and you have a difficult time coming up with a good study schedule that you can actually stick to.
You might get through a handful of practice questions, but Click Here And Continue Reading…