Tools & Discounts to Help You Pass the American Board of Pediatrics Certification and Recertification Exams
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS PREP QUESTIONS
Pediatricians regard PREP as the “gold standard” of questions. Be careful how you use them or they can HURT you!
The American Academy of Pediatrics PREP® series of questions are high quality, but they should NOT be used for detailed studying. They should be used to practice your test-taking technique along with a VARIETY of other inexpensive question banks offered through other companies.
GET FREE TRAINING ON HOW TO ANSWER BOARD REVIEW QUESTIONS FASTER & MORE ACCURATELY!
READ THE ARTICLES BELOW TO SEE HOW TO USE PREP® QUESTIONS:
- “Why PREP® Questions Are NOT the Best Study Questions!“
- “How Many AAP PREP® Questions Should I Do?“
- “Pediatric Questions – 3 Strategies to Skyrocket Your Score!”
HOW DO I BUY AAP PREP® QUESTIONS?
Sorry, unlike BoardVitals and Exam Master, the AAP has NOT provided PBR with any discount or promo codes.
BOARD VITALS PEDIATRICS – QUESTIONS & AN EXCLUSIVE 15% DISCOUNT
The exclusive discount code you can use on the BoardVitals site is PBR15. You'll get >1250 BoardVitals pediatric board review questions and plenty of time to practice your test-taking techniques, like the ones I share in a PBR article called “Pediatric Board Questions – 3 Strategies to Skyrocket Your Score!”
To use the code:
- Visit http://www.pediatricsboardreview.com/boardvitals
- Select the question bank duration you would like to signup for
- Fill our your personal information and write Ashish Goyal or PBR in the referral box
- When checking out, enter your discount code (PBR15) to get 15% off.
Through Exam Master, you can get access to over 1000 questions. For that question bank, if you signup through the PBR affiliate link below, your subscription time is DOUBLED. Alternatively, you can also get their 350 best questions (spread out in 7 blocks of 50 questions) that you can take in timed or study modes. It's SUPER CHEAP! We've been using these in our live Test-Taking Strategies & Coaching Webinars. Here's the link you can go through to have your subscription length doubled.
HOW DO I START MY PEDIATRIC BOARD REVIEW?
The following article is a good “tool” because it summarizes much of the structure around the board exams: “ABP Exam Overview”
INSTANT VIDEO TRAINING ON TEST-TAKING TECHNIQUES
The PBR Test-Taking Strategies & Coaching Course is an EXCELLENT way to learn and apply test-taking techniques to the pediatric board review questions you get from PREP, Board Vitals and Exam Master.
- http://www.dermatlas.com/derm/ – Slow to load, but great pix.
- http://www.dermaamin.com/site/ – Good pix. Some descriptions are in another language. Might also be slow to load.
- http://wordsmith.org/anagram/ – GREAT tool for creating mnemonics. Come up with a set of letters which help you remember a particular disease and plug them in here. This will create multiple anagrams from those letters. Pick the one that works best for you.
- http://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi?Word=rash&typeofrhyme=perfect&org1=syl&org2=l&org3=y – If you can start getting a little creative with your memory aids, the pediatrics exam can really be easy. This site allows you to find words that rhyme a word of your choosing. The link should take you to an example for “rash.”
- http://www.onelook.com/?w=c*itis&loc=scworef&scwo=1&sswo=1&ls=a – PHENOMENAL tool for helping you find words that either begin or end with a particular set of letters.
- http://www.textbookofbacteriology.net/index.html – Stuck on a bug? Feel you just “have to know” more information about a particular organism? This site has great information that can really help move past your stumbling blocks. I DO NOT recommend that you spend much time here. The resource is only included for those who need more information once they have gone through all of the PBR resources at least a few times
- http://www.dpd.cdc.gov/dpdx/default.htm – Parasite images for the boards. Not very appetizing, but a great resource.
- http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/ – Fairly helpful common genetic disorders. Easy to understand. Presents a description, inheritance patterns, incidence, etc.